Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Team
IHSA team roster 2012-13Hilary Adler 2014
Sara Barone 2014
Katie Bartow 2014
Sarah Elizabeth Bassett 2013
Karlee Burmaster 2016 Erin Carey 2013
Anna Katie Dooley 2013 Lauren Dejoie 2015 Shannon Doherty 2015 Kate-lyn Gadoua 2015 Sarah Gaskell 2014
Valerie Goeman 2013
Rachel Hurst 2014
Elsa Javenes 2016
Meghan Lusty 2014
Jackie Marinoff 2013
Captain Victoria McTague 2014
Megan Murfey 2013
Courtney Norberg 2014
Linsey Phelan 2015 Captain Anna Stoebel 2013
Sarah Truchon 2013
- 2013 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 3rd Place Team Zone 1 Championships
- 2011 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2011 Zone 1 Reserve Champion Team
- 2011 IHSA National Championships 10th Place Team
The University of New Hampshire is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and competes in the competitive Zone I, Region 2 against other schools from the northeast. IHSA is a unique form of team equestrian competition in which each competitor draws a horse provided by the host school prior to their ride; no schooling or warm up of that horse by the rider is allowed. IHSA tests each rider’s ability to quickly and accurately assess their mount and ride it to the best of their ability. Teams are comprised of riders from walk-trot up to the Medal/Maclay level. Each score counts equally.
Riders also accrue individual points and may qualify to compete at the Regional and Zone Championships.
Try outs for UNH IHSA are held once per year in the beginning of fall semester. Membership is open to full time undergraduate students at the University of New Hampshire or the Thompson School of Applied Science. Riders must be enrolled in ANSC 402 (Horsemanship) or have taken the course at least twice previously to be eligible to try out. Incoming freshmen who are interested in trying out for the team are strongly encouraged to enroll in the earliest orientation session possible to increase their chances of getting a slot in ANSC 402 during their first semester.
The UNH Equestrian Team is completely self funded and members are required to complete fundraising obligations for each semester. In addition, riders must pay to join the IHSA each academic year.
Fall 2012 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
- Oct 6th at Colby Sawyer College in Warner, NH UNH Wins High Point College
- Oct 14th at University of Vermont in Williston, VT UNH Wins High Point College
- Oct 27th at Dartmouth College in Etna, NH UNH Wins High Point College
- Nov 3rd at Home UNH Wins High Point College
- Nov 4th at Endicott College in Boxford, MA
Spring 2013 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
- January 26 Winter Tournament of Champions, UNH finishes 9th of 22 teams
- March 9 at UNH UNH Wins High Point College
- March 16 at U of Vermont UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- March 17 at Middlebury UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- March 30 Regional Championships at Dartmouth
- April 6 Zone Championships at Mt. Holyoke
Congratulations to University of New Hampshire IHSA: Zone I Reserve Champion Team and Sarah Elizabeth Bassett, Zone I Champion Novice Fences!
Good luck to the UNH IHSA team at Nationals 2013 in Harrisburg, PA, May 2-4!!
Sara Barone Open Flat