Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Team
IHSA team roster 2014-15Vickie Barry 2017 Sarah Beggan 2017 Karlee Burmaster 2016 Co-Captain Heather Burno 2016 Alexis Foglio 2018 Jenna Francis 2015 Co-Captain Katie Gadoua 2015 Emily Gibson 2017 Nicole Graham 2016
Elsa Javenes 2016 Missy Iverson 2016 Courtney Kenefick 2017 Hannah King 2016 Mily Mallard 2017 Casey O'Dea 2017 Mikaela Oustayan 2017 Cassidy Parrinello 2018
Linsey Phelan 2015 Megan Presutti 2018 Kayleen Rojek 2016 Julia Schmidt 2016 Paige Templeton 2018 Olivia Thomson 2017 Aileen Whitty 2018
- 2014 Zone 1 Region 2 Reserve Champion Team
- 2013 10th Place Team IHSA National Championships
- 2013 Zone 1 Reserve Champion Team
- 2013 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 3rd Place Team Zone 1 Championships
- 2011 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2011 Zone 1 Reserve Champion Team
- 2011 IHSA National Championships 10th Place Team
The University of New Hampshire is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and competes in the competitive Zone I, Region 2 against other schools from the northeast. IHSA is a unique form of team equestrian competition in which each competitor draws a horse provided by the host school prior to their ride; no schooling or warm up of that horse by the rider is allowed. IHSA tests each rider’s ability to quickly and accurately assess their mount and ride it to the best of their ability. Teams are comprised of riders from walk-trot up to the Medal/Maclay level. Each score counts equally.
Riders also accrue individual points and may qualify to compete at the Regional and Zone Championships.
Try outs for UNH IHSA are held once per year in the beginning of fall semester. Membership is open to full time undergraduate students at the University of New Hampshire or the Thompson School of Applied Science. Riders must be enrolled in ANSC 402 (Horsemanship) or have taken the course at least twice previously to be eligible to try out. Incoming freshmen who are interested in trying out for the team are strongly encouraged to enroll in the earliest orientation session possible to increase their chances of getting a slot in ANSC 402 during their first semester.
The UNH Equestrian Team is completely self funded and members are required to complete fundraising obligations for each semester. In addition, riders must pay to join the IHSA each academic year.
Fall 2014 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
- Oct. 11 at University of Vermont (Imajica, Williston, VT)
- Oct. 12 at Middlebery College (The Equestry, New Haven, VT)
- Oct. 18 at Dartmouth College (Dartmouth Riding Center, Etna, NH)
- Oct. 25 at Colby Sawyer College (West Meadow Stables, Bradford, NH)
- Nov. 1 at HOME (UNH Equine Facility, Durham, NH)UNH wins High Point College with a 45 point card!
- Nov. 2 at Endicott College (Springtide Farm, Boxford, MA) UNH ties for HIGH Point College
- Nov. 8 at Dartmouth College (Dartmouth Riding Center, Etna, NH)
Spring 2015 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
UNH Intercollegiate Hunt Seat Team Regional Qualifiers 2015
Karlee Burmaster (Novice Flat)
Casey O'Dea (Novice Fences)
Linsey Phelan (Novice Fences)
Katie Gadoua (Novie Flat)
Jenna Francis (Novice Flat)
Emily Gibson (Advanced Walk, Trot, Canter)
Olivia Thomson (Advanced Walk, Trot, Canter)
Mily Mallard (Walk / Trot)